4-H Committees and Meetings
Ashtabula County 4-H Committees and Meetings
The 4-H program in Ashtabula County depends heavily on middle management committees. These committees are each made up of a group of adult and youth volunteers. Volunteers can be 4-H members, 4-H advisors, 4-H parents, and/or community representatives. There are eight of these committees and each one has a different 4-H program area focus. Within their own program area, each committee is responsible for clinics, judgings, and project guidelines (within State limitations).
Committees and their meeting dates
(There are no meetings in Dec. or Aug.) :
Market Animal Committee
Third Thursday, every month except MARCH, elections in September at 7:30 p.m. at the OSU Extension Office.
- Cheese Basket,Beef, Steer, Steer Carcass, Sheep, Lamb Carcass, Swine, Hog Carcass, Market Goats, Goat Carcass, Market Poultry, Market Rabbits, and Dairy Beef Feeder projects.
Second Thursday, every other month starting in January at 7:00 p.m., elections in November at the OSU Extension Office.
- All 4-H Dairy projects
Saddle Horse Committee
First Monday, every month at 7:00 p.m., elections in October at the OSU Extension Office.
- All 4-H Saddle Horse projects (except miniature).
Small Animal Committee
Third Thursday of January, March, July and September; elections in September at the OSU Extension Office at 6:30 p.m.
- Goats, Rabbits, Poultry, Waterfowl, Llamas/Alpacas, Dogs, Cats, Miniature Horses, and Pocket Pets (guinea pigs, hamsters, rodents, etc.) projects.
General Projects Committee
First Monday of January, March, June, July, and September at 6:00 p.m. at the OSU Extension Office.
- Shooting Sports, Child and Family Development, Creative and Leisure Arts, Healthy Living, Leadership and Citizenship, Money Management, Natural Resources, Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math, Self-Determined, and Workforce Preparation.
Family & Consumer Science Committee
The second Monday of Feb., April, May, June, Sept., elections in September at 7:00 p.m. at the OSU Extension Office.
- Clothing, Sewing, Food & Nutrition, Creative Arts, Genealogy, Collectibles, Laundry, Money Management, and Child Care projects.
4th Mon. every other month in odd months at 6:00 p.m., elections in November at the OSU Extension Office.
- This committee is the overall governing body of the entire 4-H program. This committee is not program area focused, but rather makes suggestions and changes to the overall 4-H program in Ashtabula County. They plan the Advisor Banquet and hold Frozen Food Sale Fundraisers each year.
4th Wednesday every other month in even months, elections in December at the Annual Meeting at the OSU Extension Office at 7:00 p.m.
- This 4-H Foundation Committee raises funds especially for 4-H Programming and Scholarhips.
Junior Fair Board
2nd Wed. every month @ 6:30 p.m., elections in October at the OSU Extension Office.
- Made up of 4-H, FFA, Grange, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts. This group is not representative of one particular program area. Responsible for various fair related activities and plans events that go on at the fair and help conduct shows at fair.
Ashtabula County Agricultural Society (Senior Fair Board )
2nd Wed. every month including Dec., elections in Sept. Meet at the Fairgrounds @ 8:00 p.m..
- This is not an OSU Extension Committee, but they work closely with the 4-H Committees listed above in planning the Ashtabula County Fair.
39 Wall Street
Jefferson, Ohio 44047
Phone: (440) 576-9008
Fax: (440) 576-5821