CFAES Give Today
OSU Extension

College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences


Youth are expected to affiliate with the 4-H program in their county of residence. However, in some circumstances, it is appropriate for a youth to participate in a county other than their county of residence. This can be done with the approval of the 4-H professionals in both the county of residence and the county of request. Once granted, the permission for membership across county lines shall be permanent and stable for the duration of the youth’s 4-H membership. If the youth’s circumstances change (e.g., residence, school, or custody), the cross county lines membership can be reevaluated. This privilege is extended only to those youth who maintain membership in good standing.

Click here for more information and the Request for 4-H Membership Across County Lines form.